Friday, March 09, 2007

1 Kings 3

This has been featured in my aim profile for a while now....and I decided it was Insense worthy, so here it is.

I learned an interesting truth recently as I was reading in I Kings 3. In vs 5, God says to Solomon, "Ask! What shall I give you?" Solomon asks not for riches or fame, but for wisdom to judge as God is just. In vs 12, the LORD says, "behold, I have done according to your words; see, I have given you a wise and understanding heart, so that there has not been anyone like you before you, nor shall any like you arise after you." Why is this special? God gave Solomon a wise and understanding heart, not a wise an understanding brain...true wisdom, Godly wisdom, comes from the heart, the source of Love. In that way, I propose that Love is true widsom, and all else is folly.

"Love is a many splendid thing! Love lifts us up where we belong! All you need is Love!"

A high five goes to the first person who can tell me where I got that from.

~AndyJams~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's from Moulin Rouge ^_^

While I'm Waiting said...

well fine.. jess gets the high-five..lol.. jk.. thats a good and meaningful thought andy~jam haha.. Ii think that is so cool how God gave Solomon that unique gift.. to be the only one to have that kind of wisdom.